Free School Meals
Free School Meals - are you eligible?
If you are facing financial hardship at present, we wanted to remind you about applying for Free School Meals. If you are eligible, your child will receive free school meals.
Your child might be able to get free school meals (FSM) if you receive any of the following:
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
If you think you may qualify for this, please go to https://www.kent.gov.uk/education-and-children/schools/free-school-meals and fill in the online form.