Supporting Language Development at Home
A vast amount of speech and language learning happens at home and your input makes a big difference. Please do explore the links below if you are looking for additional support and resources.
- Visit www.speechandlanguage.info/parents for more information on how speech and language develops and for specific printable activities and resources you may wish to try at home.
- Tiny Happy People is a BBC website to help your child develop their language skills. https://www.bbc.co.uk/tiny-happy-people
- If you think your child is having challenges with talking and understanding words the ican website can help with understanding what to look out for, how to get support and even some simple ways you can help your child at home. https://speechandlanguage.org.uk/information-and-support
- AFasic supports and provides information for families with children and young adults who have Speech Language and Communication Needs (SLCN) with a focus on Developmental Language Disorder (DLD) https://www.afasic.org.uk/
- Handout to support SLCN at home. https://speechandlanguageathome.com/25strategies